As Atlanta gears up to welcome the NFL in 2019, we will be looking for a group of high energy, passionate volunteers. These super-friendly and dedicated ambassadors for our city will be responsible for making the kind of lasting impressions that are forever memorable. Our goal with the volunteer program is to take the words ‘southern hospitality’ to new heights and provide the kind of warm, hearty welcome to all visitors that is synonymous with Atlanta.
1. Why does the Atlanta Super Bowl Host Committee need volunteers?
Volunteers are an essential part of the overall Super Bowl experience. As we strive to show the world our southern charm, we need volunteers who can represent our city and welcome our visitors. Our goal is to create a positive experience for every person.
2. What is the role of a volunteer?
Volunteers will be positioned around the city in order to make a helpful lasting impression on visitors. Volunteer areas include Host Committee events, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, transportation hubs, hotels, and the volunteer headquarters. Responsibilities include greeting, way-finding and volunteer headquarters support.
3. How can I apply to be a volunteer?
The online volunteer application is now available. All applicants must fully complete the online application for consideration. Once completed, you will be contacted for an in-person interview.
4. What is the minimum age for volunteers?
All applicants must be at least 18 years old at the time of submission.
5. Why does the application require a Social Security number?
6. What criteria will you use to select volunteers?
After the completion of the online application, every applicant must complete a face-to-face interview. Volunteers will be selected based on enthusiasm, volunteer experience and dedication to service. Once selected, volunteers must pass a criminal background check in order to participate.
7. What does it take to be a volunteer captain?
- Great communication
- Experience leading large groups
- Commit 10-20 hours a month from June – February
- Conduct general volunteer interviews
- Help role-specific training
- Assist with volunteer check-in/ check-out
- Problem solve
- Provide written feedback
8. How will volunteers be notified if selected?
Selected individuals will be notified via email.
9. What are the benefits of volunteering for the Super Bowl?
In February 2019, Atlanta will welcome thousands of football fans to our region. As a volunteer, you have an opportunity to represent the City of Atlanta during this historic event. The Super Bowl is the largest stage in American sports with a world-wide viewing audience and hosting this event is a rare opportunity. In addition to being a part of history, each volunteer will receive a custom-designed uniform!
10. Are there volunteer opportunities inside Mercedes-Benz Stadium?
There are no volunteer opportunities inside Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Volunteers will be positioned throughout the City of Atlanta.
11. How long is the time commitment for volunteers?
Every volunteer will be required to complete a minimum of three (3) shifts. The length of shifts will vary, but will likely range from 3-5 hours in length. The majority of shifts will take place between January 25, 2019 – February 3, 2019.
12. What is the overall timeline for volunteers?
- Online Application – Currently Available! Please click the ‘Apply Now’ button above.
- One-On-One Interviews – Summer 2018
- Orientation & Kickoff Event – Fall 2018
- Role-Specific Training – Late 2018 or Early 2019
13. What is the best way to contact the Atlanta Super Bowl Host Committee?
The FAQs is the quickest way to get answers to general questions. If don’t see an answer you are looking for, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please plan for at least five (5) business days for a response.
14. For volunteers that live outside of Metro Atlanta, will housing be provided?
The Atlanta Super Bowl Host Committee is unable to provide housing accommodations.