SUPER BOWL EXPERIENCE DRIVEN BY HYUNDAI SCREENING PROCEDURES FOR SPECTATORS
To provide a safer environment for the public and to expedite fan entry into the park, the NFL limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into Super Bowl Opening Night. Visit NFL.com/AllClear for more details.
All items carried by spectators will be carefully inspected and potentially not permitted into the arena. Consistent with NFL games, the NFL strongly encourages fans not to bring any type of bag to Super Bowl Opening Night, but if necessary, those outlined below are permissible :
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12” OR
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar), AND
- Small clutch bags, 4.5” x 6.5”, with or without a handle or strap, can be taken into the park with one of the clear plastic bag options.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after thorough inspection at an entry designated for this purpose.
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to: purses or bags larger than 4.5” x 6.5”, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags/drawstring bags that are not clear or exceed 12” x 6” x 12”, luggage of any kind, computer bags, binocular cases and camera bags, and large traditional seat cushions that have pockets, zippers, compartments or covers.
Prohibited Items in Super Bowl Opening Night Fueled by Gatorade
The following list is a guide only. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Animals (except assistive animals) − Inflatables (beach balls, basketballs, balloons)
- Banners (any object that obstructs the view of others) − Laser lights and pointers
- Outside food or beverage − Luggage
- Camcorders − Mace, pepper spray
- Clothing deemed obscene or indecent − Motorized scooters, skateboards and hoverboards
- Containers of any type (aerosol cans, coolers of any size, bottles)
- Illegal drugs or paraphernalia
- Noisemakers, horns or vuvuzelas
- Silly string or projectiles
- Costume masks − Poles, sticks, missile like objects of any kind
- Drones − Selfie sticks
- Footballs − Tripods
- Fireworks − Umbrellas
- Folding chairs − Firearms, weapons, knives and explosives
- Illegal substances
- Any item deemed inappropriate or dangerous by arena personnel, in their sole discretion
Note: Prohibited items and items determined to not be appropriate for entry into the arena will be the responsibility of the ticketholder and cannot be accepted or checked by the NFL, the park or any law enforcement agency. We urge spectators to secure these items in vehicles or their hotel rooms.
Cameras and Binoculars – Small cameras and binoculars will be allowed. No spectator cameras with lenses more than six inches (6″) long will be permitted. Again, camcorders will be prohibited. Binocular cases and camera bags are not permitted.
The cooperation, patience and understanding of spectators is greatly appreciated by the National Football League and State Farm Arena.